One of my new officemates has tons of plants, most of which can have a cutting taken from them to grow new plants, so I got some free greenery for the new pad.
Here are my new friends on day 1 when I put them in water to grow roots:
And today, about a week later I put them in some soil, so hopefully they will flourish and fill my tiny studio apartment with brand spanking new oxygen!
Also today I ventured down to La Batte, the oldest and largest open-air market in Europe. There was almost everything that you can imagine. It had pretty much everything that one would expect from an open air market, tons of fruits and veggies, clothes and shoes. But there were a few unique things that I had never seen at a market before:
- live roosters, geese, ducks, rabbits and chickens (I don't think for pets)
- live peacocks and fancy birds (I hope for pets)
- racy lingerie (leather bits and naughty nurse outfits)
- buckets of tobacco (like 2kg buckets of loose tobacco for rolling your own cigarettes)
I ended up with the rather boring purchases of some almonds, zuchinni, and a rotisserie chicken.
But next Sunday, who knows...

1 comment:
I love open air markets! They are always so invigorating for some reason. The colors, the sounds, etc.
Your plants are pretty. I like the varigated whatever it is.
BTW, there's a new book coming out: Pride & Prejudice and Zombies. Yes, zombies. Elizabeth Bennett is fighting zombies.
Post a Comment